The Properties That Defined Our Standards
While we apply the same attention to detail and propensity for quality to every project we embark on, there are a few that served as the compass for our current and future developments.
1519 W Hamilton
The Shimer Estate is a unique signature project in the Jaindl Properties portfolio: while it consisted solely of 1519 W. Hamilton Street originally, Jaindl Properties purchased the sister building at 1516 W. Court Street in June 2014, uniting the full estate for the first time in more than three decades.
The main home, originally built in 1907, was constructed with turn-of-the-century Victorian architecture and design elements. Originally commissioned for Mr. Alexander Shimer, who served as one of the founding members of Lehigh Portland Cement with General Trexler, the home was renamed to commemorate The Shimer Family upon the acquisition of the site by Jaindl Properties in 2011.
1519 Hamilton, now known as The Shimer Building, was outfitted for the company’s headquarters immediately following it’s addition to the company’s portfolio. The building was restored to its original historical integrity during its 2012 renovation: drop ceilings and fluorescent lights were removed from throughout the building, original lighting fixtures were detailed and rewired, wire molding was removed throughout the building and all original hardwood flooring was exposed and restored.
4029 W Tilghman
The Jaindl Building was the first addition to Mark W. Jaindl’s private portfolio and would later become the flagship of Jaindl Properties.
Originally built in 1997 with a combined effort between Fred J. Jaindl and his son, Mark, The Jaindl Building was designed specifically to house the headquarters of American Bank, a company founded by the father and son team. In addition to the space allotted for the bank, a number of flexible executive suites were built and leased on the eastern wing of the building.
The exterior is outfitted with intricate stone and mason work along with a beautiful copper roof and pristinely maintained landscaping features. The interior is decorated with rich cherry wood paneling, beautiful granite floors, coffered ceilings and all the modern office utilities one would expect of a Class A office. The Jaindl Building continues to serve as the benchmark for the workmanship and quality expect out of every Jaindl Properties project.
Since it’s completion American Bank has continued to undergo a number of renovations and upgrades in order to maintain it’s Class A status and offer our tenants the quality they have come to expect.
634 W Hamilton
The Lehigh Valley Trust Building originally existed as two separate properties: 634 and 636 Hamilton Street, each owned by rival banking institutions. In 1903 the two banks had merged into a single entity, The Lehigh Valley Trust Company, and the structures were combined to create the Lehigh Valley Trust Building.
Completed in 1911, The Trust Building’s facade was decorated with fluted stone pillars, ornate lions heads, leaded glass and hand-detailed bronze paneling. The inside was decorated to reflect the grandeur of the time period with heavy gold-leafed crown molding, a 900 square foot Victorian stained glass ceiling, marble floors and Tiffany glass lamps casting mellowed light. The building contains four large classic vault doors between the two main safes on the first floor and an additional vault in the basement. Six murals were painted on the the walls to commemorate the six largest companies in the Lehigh Valley at the time: Pennsylvania Power and Light, Air Products, Western Electric, Mack Trucks, Finance America, Bethlehem Steel, Lehigh Structural Steel and Lehigh Portland Cement.